2023 Sea-Doo GTX 170 - Engine Starts, Low RPMs, Shuts Off

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

CashFlowKing

I bought a brand new 2023 Sea-Doo GTX 170 (iBR, iDF, Premium Audio) less than a month ago. I currently have about 17 hours on it and have only used it a few weekends. Yesterday, it started and ran at low RPMs for a few seconds, then shut off. This happened several times. I tried the iDF to blow out anything that might have been sucked in (although I don't think anything was). This happened a few different times throughout the day. If I turn it on and give it some gas when the RPMs are low, it runs fine. Not sure what's going on with it. Didn't think I'd have any issues like this so soon with it being brand new.

Any thoughts? I checked underneath when I got it out of the water, and don't see anything stuck in the intake. I'm brand new at this. Trying to learn. Thanks.

Any fault codes in your display? You ski is still under warranty right?
No fault codes in display. Yes, I bought new and it comes with 1 year warranty. I assume this would cover any parts AND labor for this issue, right?

I tested battery and it’s putting out over 13, so battery isn’t bad.

You'll have to read your warranty contract to see what's covered; they aren't all the same.

Back