2012 Speedster 150 check engine light

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

dingo555

Took our speedster out for a lap today and had the check engine light coming on and if I tried to go over 6000rpm it would go into limp mode and would then not go over 2000rpm. Boat has not been in the water since April and it was running perfect at that point. Engine bay is always dry and spotless and engine was sprayed with WD-40 after cleaning and going in the shed. Boat spends 90% of its life in the fresh water has 56hrs on it and is well maintained. I siphoned most of the old fuel out and filled it with fresh premium (before it even went in the water). i have been through every electrical connector I can find to check for signs of corrosion etc. Any ideas from anyone before I have to drive 300kms to my nearest dealer would be appreciated. Cheers.

Took our speedster out for a lap today and had the check engine light coming on and if I tried to go over 6000rpm it would go into limp mode and would then not go over 2000rpm. Boat has not been in the water since April and it was running perfect at that point. Engine bay is always dry and spotless and engine was sprayed with WD-40 after cleaning and going in the shed. Boat spends 90% of its life in the fresh water has 56hrs on it and is well maintained. I siphoned most of the old fuel out and filled it with fresh premium (before it even went in the water). i have been through every electrical connector I can find to check for signs of corrosion etc. Any ideas from anyone before I have to drive 300kms to my nearest dealer would be appreciated. Cheers.

with a 2012 and engine light on, check the for fault codes on the display before taking the lanyard off. you need the fault codes to try and solve the problem, other wise start driving to the dealer.

with a 2012 and engine light on, check the for fault codes on the display before taking the lanyard off. you need the fault codes to try and solve the problem, other wise start driving to the dealer.

Where would it normally show the fault codes? The only message I appear to get is "limp mode" scrolls across the main screen when you shut the key off.

Pete, your username, boat and location seem familiar, this might sound like a silly question but are you a quad racer as well?

Where would it normally show the fault codes? The only message I appear to get is "limp mode" scrolls across the main screen when you shut the key off.

Pete, your username, boat and location seem familiar, this might sound like a silly question but are you a quad racer as well?

no, but good to see another aussie

not sure, my is an old analog. owners manual? i think something about pushing the mode button 5 times? others will hopefully chime in.....
http://www.seadoosource.com/4tecfaultcodes.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back